Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

Five for Friday-February 3

It's finally February! The month of love! Is it just me or did January seem like the longest month ever?!
We've been pretty busy this new year and I am really excited about the new changes I am making both personally and professionally.
I have been an avid TPT buyer for the last couple of years, but I've wanted to venture over to be a TPT seller. I have made several things for my own classroom use and I just never really thought about selling them. So I made my first free product to test it out! Check it out here at my TPT store! Please be kind it is only my first product! :) Also I would love to here if anyone has any tips or advice for TPT or for creating products!

Here's my product in use! My students used their vocabulary to make sentences and draw pictures to accompany them.

It is the month of love but it is also the month of Scholastic Book Fairs! I may be departmentalized in Math/Science, but I never miss an opportunity to buy books my bank account may say otherwise)! Last year I came across What If You Had Animal Feet? by Sandra Markle and both my students and I fell in love with it! Little did I know there was a whole series. Needless to say I purchased a few more this year and will be on the lookout for the rest of the series.

Recently I mentioned that our school has started a school wide reading intervention schedule. I am really enjoying having a guided reading segment every day with only nine students on the same level. We have been using guided readers that our school supplies us with but I would really like to find a chapter book on their level that we can really get into. I am currently searching for a chapter book with an AR level of 2.6-2.9 so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
It's Super Bowl weekend and my team is playing!! Can't wait to cheer on the Atlanta Falcons this Sunday! Governor Deal declared today as "Falcon's Friday" and encourage all of Georgia to wear red black to show their support. Rise Up!


Here is my latest home project! My home office! I want to get it set up so I can continue to blog and make more TPT products! I am still in search of a comfy arm chair!! I found the perfect one at TJ Maxx but it was way over my price range!
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great Friday!





2 comments:

  1. I love how your office is coming along! If you're going to get serious about TpTing, I highly suggest Shelly Rees's course TpT Focused Success..especially if you can grab it during the upcoming sale! I have learned a ton from it!

    ReplyDelete