Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

Five for Friday- January 20th


It's finally Friday!! Even though we had a school holiday on Monday, this has been a long week!!
I love linking up with Doodlebug's Teaching because it gives me a chance to reflect on what all we have done this week especially when there has been a jam packed week! So while my students are watching Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs to sum up our fossil unit, I'll give you a peek into my classroom this week!
We have moved out of multiplication and are working our way into division this week! My kids are really enjoying this unit so far partly because they have realized it's not as hard as they think. Most them have figured out that if they know their multiplication facts then they know their division facts as well! Fact Families!! It's going to blow their minds!
We read The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchin's and used this awesome worksheet from Amy Lemons at Step into Second Grade! Click on the link to check out this great activity. We then decided to make some problems of our own using Cookie Crisp! Any activity involving food is always a hit with my class!!

After Christmas break we started school-wide Reading Interventions where every teacher is required to teach a reading group for a 45 minute segment. If you've read my blog before then you know I am a math and science teacher, but I love to read so I was up for the challenge. Every grade was split so that each teacher received anywhere from 5-15 students on the same reading level. I am really enjoying my reading group so far and I found some really great resources as we read our first book Luna by Pat Thilemon. I purchased this Guided Reading packet from Michelle Hudgeons at TPT. Check it out you won't be sorry!!

One of my fellow teachers shared these Problem Solving Steps bookmarks from The Schroeder Page at TPT. I printed them on colored paper and I plan to put one on every desk.
P.S. I love my "Get It Done" notepad that I found in the Target Dollar Spot!

This past weekend my husband and I chaperoned our church's youth on their Ski Trip at Winter Place Ski Resort in West Virginia. As you can see we had a blast! I haven't been skiing since my senior year of high school seven years ago but I've still got it!
I have most recently made a transition from Blogger to Instagram. I have had a personal Instagram account for years, but I thought it would be really cool to create an account for Chevron and Crayons! I have followed tons of other teacher bloggers and I'm really enjoying the immediate feedback! Taco Bell has already asked to use one of my photos for their websites. How cool is that?!! 
Be sure to follow me @chevronandcrayons on Instagram!



0 comments:

Post a Comment