Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: December Edition

We are on Christmas break here and I couldn't be more excited! October-January is my most favorite time of year!
Image result for christmas break meme
But like a lot of other teachers I still have a mound of papers to grade over the break!
Image result for grade papers christmas break meme

In other news, we have just started our fossil unit and to start us off we pretended to be Paleontologists! Besides finding it difficult to say the word Paleontologist my students loved this activity. They were each given a rock(cookie) and a digging tool (toothpick) and they had to dig out the fossils (chocolate chips) without breaking them. I found this great activity along with a printable worksheet from The Blessed Teacher.
 
 After Christmas break, we will begin with the different types of 
fossils and make models of them. Pictures to come!
Every year our school decorates the halls for the Pre-K to come visit. This year our hall decided to make our doors in to gingerbread houses! Here's my attempt at a gingerbread house!

Shout out to awesome parents that make homemade cupcakes for our Christmas party! Aren't these cute?!
Thanks Forever in Fifth for hosting another Show and Tell Tuesday!




4 comments:

  1. I've done that fossil activity with the cookies. It's a great one!

    Your hallway looks seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hallway decorations. I do a fireplace where all the students hand their stockings.
    Merry Christmas.
    Beti
    Once a Teacher, Always a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I wish I could've taken a picture of all the hallways! 4th grade did Elf on the Shelf and fifth grade did Frosty the Snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gingerbread hallway display is awesome! Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete