Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

It's that time of year again!!

Helllloooo Blogger World! I'm sorry for the lack of blog posts this Summer! I have been a very busy bee! Along with getting married this Summer, I have moved into a new house, flown in an airplane for the first time, and been to the magical Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! I really hope I can get back in the swing of things after being away for so long!

As fun as my Summer has been, it is now coming to a close! Tomorrow will be our first day of school and I am so excited to meet my new third graders!! In honor of the new school year, I am going to share some pictures of my newly decorated classroom!! 
One of my favorite spots in my classroom....my reading area!! I decided to number my book this year to help keep my bookshelf a little more organized. I also loooove elephants so I couldn't pass up the turquoise elephant that matched my room!

Information station! 
Since every classroom is equipped with two dry erase boards and a smart board,  I decided to use one of the dry erase boards for information. I've included spaces for math and science standards, vocabulary, activity schedule, homework, and something new I'm trying this year, homework club! For those of you like me that have never used a homework club before, I'll give you a little run down on how it works. In my classroom, every child has a number and when they miss a day of homework they take down their number. At the end of the week or every two weeks, the students with their number still on the board will get a reward. I'd love to hear from those of you who have done a homework club and see how it has worked for you!

It looks a little messy because of pre-planning, but here is my teacher desk!

Here I have my bullentin board with classroom jobs, a calendar, and our anchor charts. I also have two shelves, one for supply baskets and the other for turning in work. I also have my absent pocket chart, where students will find the work they missed. 

Colorful Mathematical Practices!


Now who doesn't love a freshly cleaned pre-students classroom?!!
Here are a few student desks that are already open house ready with Welcome Back Packets and treat for my new class! If you've read my blog before then you know how much I love bubbles, so what better way to start the year than with bubble wands! They are such an inexpensive gift that I can't help but want to use them over and over! Check out the tags I used at Cassie Dahl's TPT store!



Our school wide goal this year is that every child should show growth! Third grade came up with the them "We're growing in the 3rd Grade" hence all the flowers!


Last but not least, my summer project! My name changed this summer so of course I needed a new door hanger so this year I decided to paint my own! I'm really excited about the way it turned out!



 Well it's been fun, but now I need to go get ready for open house!! Can't wait to meet my new class!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment