Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

No longer the "New Kid"

Well it's official! Today was my last day of post-planning for the 2015-2016 school year!! I can't believe how fast my first year of teaching has gone by! It seems like just yesterday I was given the keys to my room and now I'm turning them back in! There will never be a class like my first class and I will miss them all terribly, but I can't wait to see what next year has in store!

My summer will be full of tanning and wedding planning so my blog posts won't come as often, but I'll try to keep everyone up to date on my summer activities!! But before I go, I did want to bounce a few ideas off of my fellow bloggers for next year! As the year went by I made a list of what I would like to add or improve for next year! One of my improvements will be my take-home folders.

Originally, I had pocket folders for every student with a LEFT at home side and RIGHT back to school side, but as the year went on I knew I wanted to do something a little different  starting with the type of folder I used! I used the regular paper two pocket folders that I found at Staples Back-To-School sale, but this type of folder ripped very easily! I hope to use two pocket poly folders for next year so they will be a little more durable. I also ordered these pocket mailboxes to make passing out graded papers much easier. 


I will assign a student a week to file papers into the mailboxes and at the end of the week students will grab their papers and put them in their take-home folders. Any forms or flyers would go directly into their take-home folders! I was thinking about adding a few more things like a parent sign in sheet or a behavior log(my class uses a colored clip chart).I would love to hear how you do take-home folders or if you have another system for taking home papers!


On another note, has anyone heard of  Bullet Journals?!

I first learned of a this journal from my friend Marianna over at It Happened in Third. For those of you like me who have never heard of a bullet journal go check it out on Pinterest! The Lazy Genius also does a great job of getting you started! It's a great way to keep all your lists in calendars in one spot! I'm waiting until I have a good start to post any pictures of my bullet journal! Like I said everything is a work in a progress this summer! Stay tuned!!

Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions! I'd love to read them!! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you're going to start a bullet journal! It is life changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowly but surely learning how it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bullet journaling is new to me! I'll have to check it out. Congrats on finishing the year strong!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete