Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Five for Friday - May 20


This will be my last time linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching Five for Friday before school is out for the summer!  Today is the last day of school for our students!!!!! This last week has been jam packed with activities!! 

We started off on Monday with our Field Day Award ceremony!! We took home first place in the soccer dribble, 2nd place in bowling, 3rd in hula hoop, and 3rd in football! We may not have come out as the overall winner, but I'm so proud of my kids for their hard work and good sportsmanship!


Next we had Wet-N-Wild! This was for all the good behavior students throughout the year! As you can see we had a blast! I even tried out the slide a few times!






I finally did what I've been wanting to do all year....organize my classroom library!! I numbered each book and put 20 books per box with labels so students know exactly where they go! I spent a lot of money on these books and I am a huge book worm so seeing my books thrown all over the shelf was heartbreaking! I hope when my classroom library expands to organize it by genre or subject, but for now this is a huge step up!
I also made a list of every book in my classroom library and I included the A.R. level, if the book was damaged, and any topic or unit that that book would go with! BTW The Day the Crayons Came Home is one of my all time favorites!



I know y'all are probably tired of hearing about my End of Year gifts, but I just love them so much!! They were a huge success and my students loved them! I decided to make my own tags and here's what I came up with!! We've been a little rained out this week so we didn't have our bubble party, but they kids still loved their gifts!



I'm so excited, because I finally made it through my first year of teaching!! I will no longer be the new teacher!!


Be sure to check out the other Five for Friday blogs at Doodle Bug's Teaching!!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing up the school year and no longer being the "new" teacher! I have always struggled with keeping my library organized...next year is the year I WILL have a Pinterest ready space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! My classroom library is not exactly how I want it, but I wanted a jump start before I left for summer break!

      Delete
  2. OOOH! so much fun! The kids look like they really are having a great end of the year! WOOT WOOT! Enjoy your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids had a blast and so did their teacher!!!

      Delete
  3. That slide looks amazing! And there's no better feeling than finishing up that first year and realizing you're now one of the "experienced" teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels great to have that first year under my belt and I can't wait for more to come!!

      Delete