Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Five for Friday - Linky Party April 15th



This will be my first Five for Friday linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and this Friday is especially exciting because it is the start of SPRING BREAK!!!! My kids and I have been counting down the days!! 



We're rounding the corner on the last few weeks of school and my students could not be more anxious! I decorated my door so the students (and teachers) would know how many days were left until summer break! We are also huge Finding Nemo fans!! 


Just Keep Swimming!



At the beginning of the year, I took a survey from  my class and found out what they wanted to learn this year. Multiplication was by far the number one answer and they have really been working hard to learn their multiplication facts this so they could become Multiplication Masters! 


They are all working really hard to achieve this goal so they can earn and ice cream sundae at the end of the year! For each fact they master, they earn an item for their ice cream sundae.





This week we finished up our standardized testing and after a loooong day of testing The Magic School Bus is our saving grace!

" Please let this be a normal field trip. With the Friz? No way!!"


Along with standardized testing, we have also been working on our Geometry Unit. My students used construction paper to create Quadrilateral Robots!

We also learned about parallel lines, intersecting lines, and angles and I had students look around the room to find examples. I was so proud of some of the answers they came up with! Then end of a clothespin for an acute angle, air vent and light fixtures for parallel lines, and someone's shirt for intersecting lines. 




We had a visitor in our classroom this week, a little bunny named Sassy!! Isn't she the cutest?





That's it for my week now on to spring break!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Let me hear your thoughts! I'd love to read your comments!






2 comments:

  1. Love your door! I've done the multiplication sundae before and the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I let my kids change the number of days on your door, so they are really in to it!

    ReplyDelete