Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Five for Friday - April 29



It's Friday and I'm linking up  with Doodle Bugs Teaching  for another Five for Friday!! Here it goes! 

I am so excited it's Friday, because we are headed out of town to one of my best friend's wedding! Wait, isn't that a movie title? 

Image result for my best friend's wedding



We have 3 weeks left of school and our schedule is packed! Our bulletin board that usually holds the week's vocabulary, is now dedicated to our list of event which keeps growing. 


We are most excited for Wet-N-Wild! This is a good behavior reward for our entire school. Those students that have shown good behavior all year long will get to enjoy water slides, bouncy houses, water balloon races, cotton candy and much more! 


As the end of the year gets nearer, along comes cumulative assessments! I have been pulling out all the stops to try and get my students interested in reviewing an entire year's content. 

(Dollar Tree Games)



Their new favorite is a game called Kaboom!
I used Popsicle sticks with multiplication facts on one end and on a few Popsicle sticks, I wrote the word Kaboom. Students take turns drawing a stick and answering the multiplication fact. If they answer correctly they get to keep it and if they answer incorrectly then they put it back. If a student draws a Kaboom! stick then all of the sticks they have collected go back in the cup. The game never ends and you can use this game with almost any content. Check it out here at The Star Spangled Planner.



We watched The Lorax to end our unit on pollution.

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

Image result for the lorax- Dr. Suess, The Lorax





Last but most definitely not least, I took my fur baby to the vet for her last set of puppy shots! She's getting so big so fast and we've only had her a few months!!





Thanks Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!! Happy FriYay everyone!!


6 comments:

  1. Your fur baby is adorable!!! Your dollar tree games pic makes me want to make a dollar tree run right now! What a great way to keep the motivated to review for end of the year assessments. I'll have to keep that idea in my teacher tool box for next year! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always love checking the "Teacher Section" in Dollar Tree!

      Delete
  2. Love Kaboom too! It's the perfect way to practice facts and the students love it. I doesn't hurt that it is so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I don't know why I have't used it sooner!

      Delete
  3. Aww, what a cute pup! The number of events at this time of year is just overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got tired of repeating when something was so I created a calendar for them!!

      Delete